Your furnace keeps you comfortable and dry in the midst of winter. But sometimes they choose to exhibit some strange behavior. Before winter rolls around again, it may be time to demystify some furnace behaviors before a breakdown leaves you out in the cold next winter season.
● The most common furnace problems we see are from simple lack of maintenance. Your HVAC system in Vaughan is a large investment. And, like any other investment, it needs to be properly maintained. If your furnace isn’t properly maintained, you run the risk of high energy costs and costly breakdowns. All reputable HVAC companies offer scheduled maintenance services where they will do a full inspection of the system and mechanical components. A regular inspection will help ensure that your furnace will be reliable and efficient when winter approaches.
● Dirty filters are the easiest and most overlooked remedy to common furnace repair frustrations in Vaughan. When your furnace can’t circulate air due to clogging and dirt, your furnace will be required to overwork. This will create additional stress on the system. And before you know it, your energy bills are excessive and your system is suffering needless breakdowns. Check your filters once a month. Replace them when you can no longer see through the filter, approximately every three months. As simple a thing as adequate airflow and clean filters will improve the efficiency of your furnace and can ultimately extend its lifespan.
● A malfunctioning thermostat is one of our most common service calls. This simple device regulates temperature and turns the system on and off. When the thermostat isn’t working, your home will get no heat. If you suspect that your thermostat may be malfunctioning, it can be an easy DIY project for the homeowner to exchange thermostats. Or call your local furnace repair expert in Vaughan.
● Ignition or pilot light issues can also affect your furnace. These can be due to several things. When dealing with ignition and pilot light problems, it is best to leave repairs up to a qualified professional.
● Common wear and tear can cause a breakdown. As with all mechanical devices, your furnace has a lifespan. At around 15 to 20 years, your furnace and its various components could be seeing its last days. Call an expert HVAC professional in Vaughan in order to decide whether it makes sense to repair your old unit, or whether it is time to invest in a new, more efficient, model.
Before cold weather rolls around again, be ready, Avoid breakdowns and high energy costs by contacting a reliable HVAC technician in Vaughan for a maintenance inspection. An HVAC expert will be able to do a comprehensive inspection to look for any problems that may arise when you least expect it during the cold winter months. Proper maintenance and timely repairs can keep your furnace and heating system working safely and efficiently when you need it most.