Your furnace is undeniably one of the most important solutions throughout your entire home. There is absolutely no doubt about this. With this in mind, it is obviously critical that you keep it in the most optimal working condition. This is going to attribute to proper working as well as to securing the health of everyone who lives in it.
However, it is something far more integral and important and there are quite a lot of different things which need to be taken into proper consideration. You should actually think about this way – would you ever allow yourself to purchase an old used car if you didn’t get it through an inspection in advance? Would you run that vehicle without having the oil changed and regular and timely inspections undergone? We are far from thinking that this would happen.
How often, though, should you get your furnace properly inspected? There is a general rule of thumb which states that you might want to get it done twice a year, if it’s a combined system for heating and cooling and once, if it’s a stand-alone unit. Therefore, if you only think about getting your furnace inspected, you can get it done at least once every year. It is important that the furnace is cleaned and maintenance is done before switching it on for the winters.
With this in mind, we have taken the liberty of providing you with a few different things that a regular furnace inspection is going to look like. Here are some of the things which are going to be checked out properly:
• Inspect and also thoroughly clean the motor of the blower as well as the housing and the wheel.
• If you have an older unit, you should get the motor of the blower properly lubricated. It’s also important to see if the belt needs a replacement.
• The combustion blower is the next thing which needs to be checked for lint and for obstructions. This is something of tremendous importance.
• In gas furnaces, you would also have to take a look and see if there are any gas leaks.
• Make sure to inspect the drain as well as the condensate lines and the pan.
• Check the overall evaporator coil and make sure it’s functioning properly.
• Your safety controls as well as the ignition should also be inspected and adjusted if necessary.
• You should perform a complete inspection of the overall heat exchanger and any of the heating elements – this is very important.
You get the gist. There are quite a lot of different things which are going to be taken care of and inspected throughout a regular furnace inspection. This is very important as it’s something which is going to ensure that everything is working as it should and that there are absolutely no problems for you to be worried about.