There are a number of reasons why preventative maintenance is so important. First and foremost, it ensures that your cooling and heating systems will operate at peak efficiency. In turn, this reduces how much energy is used and saves you money on your monthly utility bills. Secondly, it can eliminate the need for frequent repairs in the future which also saves you money. Finally, it can extend the life expectancy of your HVAC system which prevents premature replacement and the costs associated with it.
So how can you tell when your HVAC system is in need of maintenance and repairs? Here are 8 telltale signs to be aware of :
- If indoor temperatures vary from one room to the next, this could be due to equipment malfunctions, insufficient insulation, problems with your duct work. We can quickly diagnose the problem and recommend a cost-effective air conditioner repair or furnace repair solution in Markham.
- If the frequency of your HVAC system repairs has increased over the past couple of years, the replacement of your cooling and heating system may be something you want to start preparing for.
- If the HVAC fan blower starts and stops on its own or you’ve been startled by a sudden popping or rattling noise, it’s time to contact Air Heating and Cooling so one of our technicians can come out and inspect your system.
- If you and your spouse both work and leave the house empty during the day, having a programmable thermostat will ensure that you’ll use less energy while away from your Markham home and save you money on your monthly utility bills.
- If you notice that the flame on your furnace is burning yellow rather than blue, your furnace may be emitting carbon monoxide into your indoor air. This could be harmful to you and your family and if it goes unchecked, it could prove to be fatal. You should call us immediately to come out and inspect your furnace.
- If you’ve been dusting your furniture more frequently, it could mean that your air filter needs to be replaced or there is a leaking duct that needs to be sealed. If either of these fails to correct the problem, you probably need to call us for air conditioner repair or furnace repair service in Markham.
- If you’ve noticed a steady increase in the cost of your utility bills, it’s quite possible that your HVAC system is not working as efficiently as it should be and you should contact Air Heating and Cooling for service.
- If your HVAC system is anywhere from 10 to 15 years old, it’s probably time to consider investing in an upgrade or newer system. If that’s the case, we offer professional HVAC installation services at affordable rates.
When you consider the potential savings you could experience over the long-term when choosing am HVAC company that offers furnace and ac repair services in Markham, our customizable preventative maintenance plans are a wise investment. We can easily tailor a plan that addresses the specific needs of your family and household.